- The South Dakota Festival of Books has launched its own app
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Mind-Porn: Why Bad Reading is Bad For You (“These popular novels don’t necessarily encourage a healthy, critical mind. Just like porn, they temporarily satiate our restless minds until we develop a need for a new fix.”)
- It’s time for science fiction to face up to discrimination (“…how can a genre that dreams up alien cultures and mythic races in such minute detail seemingly ignore the ethnic, religious, gender and sexual diversity right here on the home planet, here in the real world?”)
- Thirteen reasons to buy used books
- The oddsmakers are looking at the Nobel Literature Prize again
- America’s least literate cities
Indifference is an excellent substitute for patience.