Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- What Is Cupcake Fascism? (“[A] stiff upper lip is, dialectically speaking, nothing more than a form of cowardice; less a level-headed stoicism than a neurotic unwillingness to confront an unjust reality.”)
Blog Headline of the Week
Headslapper of the Week
- A nine-month-old Pakistani boy is charged with attempted murder of police officers
I Take It He Didn’t Like His Job
- A Manhattan court reporter has caused chaos by repeatedly typing things like “I hate my job I hate my job. I hate my job.” instead of trial testimony
- I was afraid to count so didn’t participate but an online poll by Book Riot showed the average person responding had 335 books on their TBR list and owned 190 books they hadn’t read
- Turns out that books bound in human skin are more common than you’d think
- Will there be books in the academic library of the future?
- Congrats to the complete review, one of the best book review sites on the interwebs, on its 15th anniversary
[R]eality … is always necessarily disillusioning.
Christa Wolf, City of Angels