Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- My Grandma The Poisoner (“Of course, the longer you stayed with Grandma, the more likely something bad would happen to you.”)
Website of the Week
- You can now read original records from the Salem Witch Trials as well as modern transcripts
- If you’re yearning for one of Hitler’s personal copies of Mein Kampf, bidding ends this afternoon (last I checked it had hit $25,000)
- Is reading a way out of sadness?
- Dawdle — and read a book
- The Science Fiction and Fantasy Translation Awards are no more
- Bookish Lists: November is here so, of course, yesterday saw the first of the Best of 2014 lists has arrived (I’ve read two of the top 10 and found one so-so and didn’t like the other); 20 terrifying non-horror books; books for Breaking Bad addicts
- The connection between terrorism and mental illness
- The 10 greatest changes of the last 1,000 years
- Just so you know, nudity is not a human right
- Americans’ top five fears
- What’s the appeal of a caliphate?
- Baseball — a necessary sport for a world obsessed with speed?
Sometimes I wish I wasn’t me
But I guess it’s better than being you
The Uninvited, “Better Than You,” Artificial Hip