Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Winter Is a Black Hole: How I Deal With Seasonal Depression (“The challenge to me each winter is in finding ways to work with feeling low like depression is some stupid, inconvenient friend who needs a place to crash for a few months and who also wants to shit all over my floor.”)
- What Washington Refuses To Admit (“…the leadership in both parties cannot help themselves when they have a big shiny military and see something they don’t like happening in the world.”)
(Rear) Blog Headlines of the Week
- UPDATE: Rick Springfield’s Butt Will Face Retrial
- Can The Human Ass Sue Kim Kardashian For False Advertising?
- Do you really know what ‘Orwellian‘ means?
- The banned books of Guantanamo
- Books are returning to Myanmar
- January 24 is the first National Readathon Day, asking readers to read a book for four straight hours and help raise money for the National Book Foundation
- Bookish Lists: 12 books we should put on an interstellar spacecraft; most influential book for each of the last 10 years; essential Bob Dylan reading list (although many are single articles); 10 of the most compelling war novels; top 10 books about reading; LibraryReads top 10 of 2014
Depression is melancholy minus its charms.
Susan Sontag, Illness as Metaphor