- There’s some new additions to the Curmudegeon’s Gallery
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- My Lovely Wife in the Psych Ward (“There’s no handbook on how to survive your young wife’s psychiatric crisis. The person you love is no longer there, replaced by a stranger who’s shocking and exotic. Every day I tasted the bittersweet saliva that signals you’re about to puke.”)
State Embarrassment of the Week
- It appears there isn’t a single library or bookstore in South Dakota that’s participating in National Readathon Day next Saturday
Best Reason to Skip Work of the Week
- “Woke up in a good mood and didn’t want to ruin it“
Inimitable Question of the Week
- A book about a child going to heaven and back is phony??? I’m shocked, I tell you, absolutely shocked!!
- Has SF become a religion for modern times?
- Why Mein Kampf was translated into English?
- More suggestions on how to read more books
- Bookish Lists: 10 neglected classics; fiction’s most wicked babies; top 10 books about revolutionaries
The opposite of poverty is not wealth; the opposite of poverty is justice.
Bryan Stevenson, Just Mercy