- Late posting today because it’s my annual hockey binge weekend: 10 televised NCAA regional tournament games, with the added bonus of great Stampede games last night and Thursday
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Once and future sins (“…one thing is certain: in 100 years, ordinary people will look back at us and shake their heads, wondering how we could have been so irresponsible, so venal, so morally short-sighted.”)
- I hate your censorship, but I’ll defend to the death your right to censor (“You have the right to rearrange the words on your screen in private. This goes without saying.”)
Least Surprising Headline of the Week
- “The bookternet is not safe for women.”
- Big and sparsely populated, Montana and Wyomingare 1 and 2 for most bookstores per capita (South Dakota was 25th)
- Bookish Lists: 11 reasons to read rather than browse the internet; 9 novels whose ending will shock you; the Orwell Prize longlist
- The effect of dementia on a person’s identity
- My friend Kevin takes a thoughtful look at race and social media
- Where did hell come from?
A man’s bookcase will tell you everything you’ll ever need to know about him.
Walter Mosley, The Long Fall