I was originally going to do a somewhat lengthy post regarding the first item below but suffice it to say that while the rhetoric is extreme and pessimistic, a sad truth underlies it.
- One of the better politically oriented blog posts I’ve read in a long time: The Barren, Deadly Wasteland that Is Now Our Life.
- In the interest of some balance, so to speak, I also happened to come across a more optimistic view from a longtime activist. (Via.)
- South Dakota’s best new political blog? If you don’t think so, you’re a poopyhead! (Of course, as PP notes, most of us have long ignored — years for me — the twin’s “nonsensical rants.”)
- The rush to create best books of 2007 lists continues.
- At least these library looters had some class and taste.
- Direct marketers discover library books. To look on the bright side, not only does it raise money for the libraries, it would provide more junk for me to stuff and mail in the postage page response envelopes that come with credit card solicitations.
- In the event you hadn’t noticed (or even looked), the offical State home page was updated last week. Whether it’s an improvement may depend on what you’re looking for. And while it may have been there before, I notice the disclaimer page says, “Links to external web sites and pages may be removed or replaced at the sole discretion of the State, at any time without notice.” I presume this hearkens back to the State Library controversy several years ago.
[T]hat’s essentially how I feel about life: full of misery, loneliness, and suffering — and it’s all over much too quickly.
Woody Allen, Annie Hall