- Boycott Arizona.
- David Laskin, author of The Long Way Home (which I reviewed earlier this month) will present a program based on the book and do a book signing at the Old Courthouse Museum this Tuesday at 7 p.m. He will also speak and sign books at the Freeman Public Library in Freeman at noon Wednesday.
Blog Headline of the Week
Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- So you want to open a bookstore.
- How to avoid becoming a boring old person. (My kids probably think it’s way too late for me.)
- Working the NYPL book cart at Rikers Island Correctional Facility. (The Book Bench)
- In addition to book carts, the NYPL also has a mighty book sorting machine.
- A chart of drugs famous authors used while writing. (The Displaced Plainsman)
- Eva asks to keep her book blogger credentials after admitting she prefers borrowing books to buying them.
- Joni Mitchell on Bob Dylan: “Bob is not authentic at all. He’s a plagiarist, and his name and voice are fake. Everything about Bob is a deception.” (BuzzFeed)
- The best television news program resigns its anchor through June 2013.
- It’s down to a death match for the 2010 Worst Company in America.
- Since I don’t follow basketball, I don’t know how the teams compare in terms of success or win percentages but here’s a comparison of attendance and TV ratings in markets where the NHL and the NBA compete.
God, I’m glad I’m not me.
Bob Dylan, Don’t Look Back