My Christmas Present to You
- Far too many of us really should heed the advice of this website but explaining it would ruin it. Just go there.
Blog Headline of the Week
- Santa’s crimes against humanity (via)
- Don’t you just hate it when the people who get press for hating Christmas are actually supporting it?
- SF explanations for Santa Clause
- The real reason Rudolph’s nose is red.
- Researching for this week’s book review led me to Phil Zuckerman’s 65 Greatest Songs for Atheists and Agnostics. Zuckerman is the author of Society without God, which examines how Denmark and Sweden became probably the least religious countries in the world.
- The Big Picture does its annually awesome year in pictures.
- For those who love space pr0n, there’s also the top 14 astronomy pictures of 2010. (via)
- Not so much a link as another reason why I don’t do my “best of” lists until the year actually ends. This morning I read what may be my favorite first sentence in a book in years: “October 12 was a good day for a killing.“
We’re gonna … have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he’s gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse.
Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase), National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation