Blog Headline of the Week
Blog Line of the Week
- …”it is a bad sign when your lawyer tells you in the middle of a trial that he needs a change in underwear.”
Interesting (but lengthy) Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Sid/Ovie (“Watching them means having another consciousness ask you, Can you see what I see?”) (via)
- Anthrax Redux: Did the Feds Nab the Wrong Guy? (“Anthrax isn’t a typical bacteria. It’s almost immortal.”)
- Gateways to Geekery: Kurt Vonnegut
- Confessions of a book hoarder (via)
- The 2011 Best Translated Book Award Finalists were announced. They come from six different languages. I am surprised I’ve read none of the 10.
- The value of a public library (via)
- The International Space Station shot high-def video to recreate the path of Yuri Gagarin’s historic flight and it will premiere on YouTube (!?!?) next month for the 50th anniversary of that flight. (via)
- When I lived in Rapid City 30 years ago, one of our neighbors was an Air Force nuclear silo officer. Popular Mechanics reminds us that underground nuclear control launch sites still exist. (via)
- Does the Universe Need God? (via)
- Speaking of God, it appears He was married — she just got lost somewhere in the editing process.
- Study indicates religion may become extinct in nine countries: Australia, Austria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Finland, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand and Switzerland. (via)
- An amazing look at the Northern Lights. (via)
Is a dream a lie if it don’t come true?
Bruce Springsteen, Title Track, The River