- A relatively early edition this weekend because I am today enjoying several games and three of the greatest words in the world: “Let’s play hockey!”
Worthwhile Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- My God, It’s Full of Stars (“…we have the technology and capability to feed, clothe, house and provide for every human being on the planet our most basic needs. But instead of doing so, we buy into a belief of scarcity, of hoarding, of fear of losing what little we have.”)
- Pettigrew’s Redemption (“So was Pettigrew a visionary or a scoundrel? A bona-fide town builder or self-serving politician? Was he a Republican, Populist, Democrat, Socialist or Communist? At times in his life he was all of the above.”)
Blog Headline of the Week
Blog Line of the Week
- If you watched Dancing with the Stars, “you’ll recognize [Nancy Grace] as the Kraken taking screen time from Hope Solo.”
- Two challenged novels, including Slaughterhause-Five, have returned to a Missouri school library, but in a restricted section accessible only to parents.
- The top 10 books lost to time
- Travel writers pick the travel book that most influenced them.
- Neil Young is joining the rock autobiography clan, with the book tentatively titled Waging Heavy Peace.
- As I’ve been telling my doctor for nearly 20 years, we’re fatter because we quit smoking.
Well, um, icing happen when the puck come down, bang you know, before the other guys you know. Nobody there, you know. My arm go comes up then the game stop then start up.
Denis Lemieux (Yvon Barrette), Slap Shot