Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- In Praise of Leisure (“The irony, however, is that now that we have at last achieved abundance, the habits bred into us by capitalism have left us incapable of enjoying it properly.”) (via)
- Books that shaped America
- Ten life lessons we learned from children’s books
- Books to annoy your conservative friends
- The problem with 500-page books
- Rapper sued for plagiarizing his own memoir (via)
- Study indicates significantly lower crime rates in societies where many people believed in Hell compared to those where more people believed in Heaven.
- The devil — and Dan Brown — made them do it. (via
Realize that life, not stuff, is what matters. Objects are just objects — if you lose them, if they get stolen or destroyed … it’s not a big deal. They’re just objects — not your life.
Leo Babauta, “Love Life, Not Stuff