Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- The Perfect Listen (“It’s usually anywhere between the second and fifth listen that fragments that maybe weren’t evident on first glance suddenly come at you or your brain makes a connection that could only have been made indirectly. That’s when a song start to mean something to you.”)
- Your E-Book Is Reading You (“The major new players in e-book publishing—Amazon, Apple and Google—can easily track how far readers are getting in books, how long they spend reading them and which search terms they use to find books.”
Blog Post of the Week
- Respected medical researcher Jenny McCarthy will be in Playboy again this month, and hopefully she’ll talk some more about the causes of autism. What are those causes? I have no idea, and neither does Jenny. Which is why she’s showing her tits in Playboy again.
- Ten of the strangest apocalypses in literature
- What Makes Bad Writing
- Who are the world’s largest book publishers? (via)
- Providing equal time regarding a link last week, here’s 10 books to annoy your liberal friends.
- Ten of the best books set in the Midwest
- Want to know what’s in those “national security letters” the government can use to get information without a warrant. Sorry, it’s a secret.
Wierd Shit of the Week
- A Western Nevada College student claims her human sexuality instructor required students to masturbate to pass the class and made them keep sex journals for class discussion.
It’s gotta be a drag when you peak in high school
Everclear, “Falling In A Good Way,” Invisible Stars