Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- Thank you for killing my novel (“This may be the most sadistic moment of belated fact-checking in the history of mankind. The New York Times, the paper of record, had written a fictitious character to verify a fact.”) (via)
- America’s Move to the Right (“…that so many Liberals robustly celebrated when the [health care bill] prevailed in court indicates at least two things: First, the partisan divide has become so deep that Americans loyal to this or that party or ideology will seemingly celebrate any victory, even those that do not actually reflect their values. Second is just how far to the right this nation has swung over the last quarter-century.”)
Blog Headline of the Week
- On Monday, the History News Network will announce the finalists for “history books that nobody should take seriously.”
- Ten quintessentially American novels
- Finally, a Wal-Mart being put to beneficial use.
- The worst job ever?
- 10 Fun Ways to Euthanize Yourself
- UC-Santa Cruz has launched the Grateful Dead Archive Online.
Odd Legal Links
- A bus driver convicted of groping three girls and two women at a high school volleyball game told the sentencing judge too much caffeine caused a psychotic episode.
I guess they can’t revoke your soul for trying
Grateful Dead, “Truckin'”, American Beauty