Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- We Are Alive (“…you cannot underestimate the fine power of self-loathing in all of this.”)
- Literacy gap between rich and poor studies widens in the summer (via)
- How reading makes you more human
- Ten books to put hair on your chest
- Clifford the Big Red Dog is going to be 50 — and that’s not in dog years (where he’s a tricenterarian)
- The Weekly Reader — a fixture of my elementary school days — is shutting down after more than 80 years.
- I Hate This Book So Much (via)
- Some idiocy never ends: “The bodies in Aurora, Colorado weren’t even cold before the inevitable conspiracy theories began to propagate in the bacterial petri dish that is the internet.”
- What is the nocebo effect?
- I wonder what Miles really thought (via)
But it’s a sad man my friend who’s livin’ in his own skin
And can’t stand the company
Bruce Springsteen, “Better Days,” Lucky Town