- George Orwell’s review of one of my Desert Island Books, Arthur Koestler’s Darkness at Noon (via)
- Evidently a writer’s advance is subject to seizure if his book has the same name as the terrorist organization he’s writing about
- Please stop writing memoirs
- Amazing Stories, Hugo Gernsback’s groundbreaking SF magazine, has returned online (via)
- It’s the 40th anniversary of “Ebonics“
- What conspiracy theorists heard Obama say
- “An elite [German] military Guards batallion is growing boobs because of the way they drill.” (via)
- What time is it in Antarctica?
It’s difficult to find oneself after pretending all day.
Juliann Garey, Too Bright to Hear Too Loud to See