- So the NHL has ended the walk-out and begins play today. Screw ‘em. The NHL’s not getting my money for the Center Ice package or anything else this year. When millionaires fight billionaires, I’m more than happy to stick with watching junior and college hockey.
Blog Headline of the Week
Batshit Craziness of the Week
- Utah man shoots neighbor for raping his wife “telepathically”
- Am I as well-read as a 10th grader? Thanks to my total ignorance of poetry, the answer is “sort of,” although I am somewhat offended by being told that “deep down, you’d rather be talking about sports or movies.”
- I’m not surprised people can remember more about Facebook than real books. Real books rarely are about people they know.
- A 20th anniversary Satanic Panic reading list
- Ten novels to solve all your problems
- A dozen SF authors are asked which novels they wish they’d written
- Shocking! I’ve actually read three of the five fiction finalists for the National Book Critics Circle awards. Of course, none of them made my year-end favorites list (which is not the case for the one nonfiction finalist I read.
- Conspiracy theories about classic literary characters
The unconscious is the repository of everything that we’re avoiding.