Interesting Reading in the Interweb Tubes
- The great forgetting (“And here is one uplifting aspect of ageing: our stories of self get better.”)
- How Did Bob Dylan Get So Weird? (“On a good night he makes some of his best-known songs unrecognizable, and on a bad one you come out wondering what it was, exactly, you’ve just seen.”)
Blog Headline of the Week
- Given all the Ebola news, maybe plague fiction is a good topic
- How a teenager invented science fiction
- Bookish Lists: 5 great Midwestern novels; 8 beach reads for the social justice set and 5 to avoid; 50 SF/F every socialist should read
- Guess what? Hell isn’t real
- Living with a face that wasn’t yours
- What would happen if Ebola came to the US?
- The first Wizard of Oz film preceded the one we’re all familiar with by 14 years
- Is belief in God innate or taught?
- Why do we bite our nails?
I can’t even remember what it was I came here to get away from
Bob Dylan, “Not Dark Yet,” Time Out of Mind